Healthy living seemed to be a fad at first, but more people have been making a good change in their lifestyle and noticing they feel better
. This is the right time to focus on the health benefits of humble nuts. These small, tasty morsels are versatile. You can incorporate them into any dish or even eat them raw. With myriad varieties, you can take your pick and make your diet a lot healthier than before.
1. Brazil nuts. Exploding with vitamins such as zinc, magnesium, vitamin E, iron, potassium, and vitamin B6, these nuts can add health to your condiments, cookies, and pasta.
2. Almonds. These popular nuts contain calcium, fiber, and vitamin E. Each serving gives you fiber to keep your heart healthy. Toss some in your salads, yogurt, or cereal for healthy toppings. You can even just grab a handful for a nutritious snack, anywhere, anytime.
3. Hazelnuts. Yes, there are real hazelnuts. “Hazelnut” is not just a type of flavoring for chocolate and coffee creamer. Hazelnuts are good for your bones and muscles. They are rich in vitamins E and B as well. Add hazelnuts to your pies, brownies, and cookies for that extra flavor.
4. Walnuts. Grab a handful of these nuts and you will help you take care of your brain and heart. Walnuts help ward off Alzheimer’s disease and depression. By incorporating walnuts into your cookies and pesto, you can get omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
5. Cashew nuts. These nuts are creamy, tasty, and rich in copper and iron. These elements are great for your bones, heart, and skin. You can have cashew nuts on their own or make sauces and cashew butter with them.
6. Pine nuts. Fiber and antioxidants are what pine nuts can offer you. These nuts bring benefits to your heart. They also give a lot of flavor to pasta and pestos.
7. Macadamia nuts. This famous nut for cookies provides you protein, vitamin A, and protein. You can also use macadamia nuts for making bread crusts.
8. Pecans. While it is true that pecans are rich in calories, it also contains a lot of potassium and calcium. Those yummy pecan desserts such as pies and ice creams are more flavorful when you know they are made with nuts that are good for you.
9. Pistachios. Perhaps these nuts are perfect for some who want a high-protein, low-calorie nut in their diet. Pistachios are usually added into trail mixes, yogurt, and ice cream, making them healthier and tastier.
Are you a nut lover? Perhaps you have a story about your best-loved nut and how it helps your health. If you’re still hunting for the perfect nut, you can try the given healthy nuts and see how they affect your general well-being. Don’t forget to inform your doctor about your decision to add nuts to your diet.