Ginger is a popular, fragrant spice often used in Asian cuisine. It is often used in chicken and fish dishes to eliminate the odors these meats usually carry. For some, ginger, in its dried form, brings more than just flavor to their lives. It also provides the following health benefits:
• Regulates blood glucose levels. Dried ginger is known to be a natural agent in lowering sugar levels in the blood. You can consume it in the morning before eating breakfast.
• Fights inflammation. This superfood is said to reduce inflammation in the joints and also inflammation resulting from the injury.
• It helps in weight loss. Dried ginger also improves digestion. It helps the body utilize blood glucose and burn fat stores. It also aids in controlling the absorption of fats and accelerating metabolism because of its thermogenic traits. Dried ginger also helps prevent overeating and suppress hunger.
• Treats indigestion. The delays in stomach emptying bring about chronic indigestion. Chronic indigestion causes discomfort and pain in the stomach. Dried ginger relieves this by allowing the stomach to empty on time.
• It can aid in preventing Alzheimer’s disease. The bioactive compounds and antioxidants in dried ginger can prevent inflammation in the brain. Ginger can also prevent age-related brain function decline.
• Reduces cholesterol levels. Studies show that ginger aids in lowering total triglyceride and cholesterol in the blood, by consuming about three grams of dried ginger daily.
• Relieves morning sickness and nausea. If you are pregnant and you are experiencing morning sickness and nausea, eat some dry ginger to get some quick relief.
• Treats menstrual pain. Dry ginger also relieves various pains including those resulting from menstruation. Consuming a gram of dry ginger daily for the first three days of menstruation.
• It can help prevent cancer. Dried ginger has anti-cancer properties in the form of 6-gingerol. Some evidence state that dried ginger can be proven effective in fighting ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, and breast cancer.
Ginger is an ancient herb that has benefited men for many centuries. In its dried form, its flavors are more concentrated, making it sweeter and tastier. It's a dried root that delivers spice into any dish or dessert. Add dried ginger to your diet and see how it can benefit your overall health as well.