A large percentage of a healthy body is a healthy diet. Many have resorted to eating low-carb or low-fat food. Others even abstain from sweets. Years ago, most even recommended removing nuts from their diet.
Thanks to recent studies, people can now add nuts in their diet without issue. One of the healthiest nuts you can consume is the walnut. Below are some of the known benefits of this fascinating nut:
1. Lowers LDL (low-density lipoproteins) and total cholesterol levels in the blood. There have been 26 trials with at least 1,000 participants. The ones who had a diet rich in walnuts had the following improvements:
• Reduced apoprotein B (***This is a protein associated with cardiovascular diseases) by about 4 mg/dL
• Reduced total cholesterol by nearly 7 mg/dL (3%)
• Reduced triglycerides by about 5.7 mg/dL (5.5%)
• Reduced LDL by nearly 5.5 mg/dL (4%)
2. Helps in weight maintenance. Those who had a walnut-rich diet didn’t gain any weight at all.
3. Contain high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids. These are better for your heart.
4. Rich in linoleic and alpha-linoleic acids. These acids battle inflammation, keeping your blood vessels in great health.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that you just have to eat more walnuts to gain their benefits. You also need to exercise regularly, eat more vegetables, and drink more water. You should also incorporate a good state of mind and a pleasant attitude to remove debilitating stress from your life. Walnuts are not only delicious nuts. They are also helpful in keeping you healthy.